Armoured cable is a kind of cable that is covered in metal sheath. The cable is a bundle of wires, encased in metal tube or covering, which is further enclosed in plastic insulation layer. Metal covering saves wires from any type of wear and tear or physical impact. Such cables are little heavier in comparison of normal wires and quite hard to bend.
- At first, the conductor (normally a plain stranded copper) is chosen.
- For the protection of conductor from water-damage, insulation is utilized. It too protects conductor from metal component i.e. armour.
- Now bedding is done, which is actually PVC. It works like a barrier between inner component of conductor and outer parts.
- After that, armour is placed over bedding for protecting the cable from any sort of stress. Sometimes, it is utilized as the ‘earth cable’.
- Last part, cable sheathing is done to guard inner cable components. Also, it saves the cable against mechanical damage.
Uses Of Armoured Cables
Armoured cables are majorly used in commercial applications. Several states allow the utilization of such cables in residential applications as well. The cables are appropriate for underground cabling like in underground transport networks and sewers.
When the cables are utilized in public places, there should be a special kind of sheath on it i.e. LSZH (Low Smoke Zero Halogen). In case of fire, the sheath emits extremely low smoke and no toxic halogen thereby reducing calamities.
To buy armoured cables online, you are advised to give a visit to www.bestofelectricals.com. At the site, you can find the wires of brands like Polycab, KEI, Havells, etc. of varied sizes and distinct cores (ranging from 2 to 30). Plus, there are several other electrical products that are being offered at logical rates.